Sunday, June 23, 2019

Delight in the Lord. Ps John. Skyline SIB

Three fruits in delighting in the Lord.
Psalm 37:4
Delight yourselves also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Take pleasure in someone. Joy, find happiness, rejoice.

Small bundle of joy: his children when they were born. A father holding them.

Different from: trust, faith, commitment
Not the same, but not greater or lesser

Different dimension of how we relate to God.  Helps us to be more like Christ. Although we know trust, faith, etc... But have not learnt to delight with Him. Like having fun with a discipline teacher. Outstanding student: stand outside the class

We do not envisage God as a person to delight in. Because we see Him as a legalistic person, can do this cannot so this. Like a wet blanket. The truth is entirely different, He can be delightful. He is holy for sure, sovereign. We cannot "tidak apa Him", cannot be taken lightly. But in the light of all this truth, those that can know Him...

Through his own mistake, stupidity, could wipe out everything. Low. Bankruptcy. Lose everything. Wasn't walking with the Lord.  Like walking in the valley

Delight in me

Delight in my loving kindness

Chesed: loving kindness, steadfast love. loving despite whatever what

I just wanted to sit around and mop.
But to rise up and delight in Him would take so much effort. So convinced that it was God.

Rember the times God parted the red sea. His miracles that he performed. Salvation. The first and greatest miracle in our lives.

Relived it. Saw God's steadfast love everywhere for me. The fears began to melt away.

Love driving out fear.

Restlessness settle

Meditated more on Hin
Brought him to different attributes

Love, mercy, compassion, grace, power..

Joy welling up in my heart.
Unexplainable

The more time I spent with Him,
The more I wanted to do it.

1. We must make time
Spend time with the Lord

We do not delight in him because we don't know him well. To know him well we have to spend time with Him.

It is an ongoing journey.
Alone. With full presence of mind.

A guy complaining abt his gf. Trwleats me like God. Ignores my existence and only find me when have problem

Complete focus. Because no hook for social media, movies, etc

Prayer: talk a little, listen alot.

Worship, praise him.
The antitode to fear is praise.

Its not will power. Its praise.

Fasted. Prepared my heart. Journaled.
Red seas are inside.

2. An open heart
Open your heart to the Lord

Things in our heart that hinders us from walking close to Him. Reason of being in this mess, because of Pride.

Cleaned out more and more of the dross. He filled my heart up with more of Him.

Cannot say Lord come talk to me, yet hold on to our own lives.

3. Immersing in His Word
Immersie in the Word of the Lord

We have the habit of reading books written by others about Him. But not His Word.

Not TV series, podcast, YouTube subscription...

God speaks through His Word.

Pslam 119. The righteousness of your testimony is everlasting. Give me understanding, and I shall live.

When we read the Rhema word, it will transform our lives. It is for us. Not for others. Others words are not for us.

It sustains us through.
We remember Christ...

Immerse in His word.

What are the fruits of delighting in the Lord

Spending time in His presence, realigned my whole being. Brings me great joy.

Spending time with him just bring us joy?
Yeah

The joy Wells up.

We are crested by him, to exist with him, by him

When are with him, we are rested.

Our soul says it is well with my soul

In your presences there is fullness of joy. At your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Pslams 16:11

We are really meant to be in Him.

David wrote, one thing I desire... To behold your Beauty.

You are better han life.

It renewed my life.

It changed my walk with Christ.

Waking up is a joy.

I began to seek God for Him, not for what He can do for me.

Fill me with joy.

And he shall give us the desires of our heart.

2. He will transform your heart
Desire to do His will,

Transformed life, see things through His eyes.

Aspirations become more aligned WITH his will.

Break my heart for what breaks yours.

Same compassion.

When we ask for things it will be inline with His heart.
My own perspective changed.

I now think very differently.

A work in progress. Still learning.

Nothing is too big for my God.

See things not as they are, but what they can be in the Lord.

Not allow external circumstances to crush me.

Outs our troubles in perspective.

What can men do to me?

I'm more secure now.

Look for God's approval, rather man's applause.

Live a directed life.

Everything is multiplied. Senses. Sentimentality.

He will become the desires of your heart.

We love for God's pleasure.

Breaks the hold of sin and lust on us.

It cost Christ to have little appeal to us.

We dont know how Christ can be so exquisite to us.. We settle for what the world offers.

C.s. Lewis: we are half heated creatures.. We fool about..


No comments: