Monday, November 04, 2019

Care for others, love as you are loved

"When you start caring for others, 90% of your problems go away / dissappear "

In a good way. It isn't not having enough 'time for yourself' or not dealing with problems that need to addressed. But more of like... you'd just stop over thinking so much, there isn't the space and time for pitying oneself.

When you care for others, you'd realise... or maybe it's not even a conscious thing... that really, we are very blessed in our lives.

And blessing others is a secret to unlock.. happiness and blessings for one's own self too. But blessing others in itself isn't the source, least people lose the core reason of helping others, twisting it into a selfish thing: "I help others so I would feel like their saviour". No. Instead, "I help others because I was helped before, I was saved". That's the good news.

Help others to help yourself. But the means isn't in the ends. It's in the process.

Love.

God didn't just say "love others" fullstop. He said "love others as.... you love yourself"

Now how can one love others if they don't love themselves first and foremost. You can't pour an empty jug. So it isn't, 'giving in our all in life for the sake of others and denying ourselves of anything that could possibly be' selfish' '. It's... The 4th level: loving ourselves as how God loves us.

(the first three are: 1. Loving ourselves for our own sake, 2. Loving God for his blessings to us; 3. Loving God for who He is)

I always thought that level three was the ultimate goal. I stopped.. Loving myself.

No comments: