Saturday, December 13, 2014

make up

at the end of the day,
when the sun goes down and night's shadows come up
no body see's the face anymore

the only part i dont like,
is removing the make up.
washing my hair with all that wax inside

why do people have to put foundation, powder and eye liners,
why do i need to look like a doll and put on a cheesy smile

for the musical, for the audience, no for God
for an audience of One

i love being in this musical, the 60 days of countdown,
the every-night 2 week long practices from 8-11

thank God its only 3 days.
i dont think i can put make up on everyday for the rest of my life,

i wonder how people who have to do it live,
its probably like wearing cloths to them,

judge not shall i, least i am judged.
but still... i feel its like ..a .. mask.. masquerading truly

that make up gives us a shell to hide behind,
our emotions are blocked in as much as our skin suffocates from breathing

thats why when we see people with mascara rolling down their cheeks,
washed away by tears... owh how it reminds me that His Blood washes me whiter than the snow

at the end of the day,
before we lay our head to rest,
we shall remove this layer

until then, the Son of Man has no place to lay his head,
but He promises to give rest and refuge to those who are weary and heavy laden.

i'm not weary...
because im not working.

count not my days Lord,
for i dont want to know when my time is up,
yet remind me each day, that every one is a blessing,
least i take for granted
"every breath i breath i breath in you,
you make me move, Jesus"

you make me sing,
you make me dance,
this musical is for you.

No comments: