Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Jesus did this

Brady boyd: Addicted to busy: recovery for the rushed soul

Day5 : jesus pace is relational

This is exactly how Jesus treated God. His times of withdrawal, of divine rest, weren’t patronizing scraps tossed God’s way; they were intentional and intimate moments of connection, during which nothing else caught Jesus’s eye. “What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything,” Pedro Arrupe said. “It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evening, how you spend your weekends, what you read, whom you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.”

Jesus was in love with his Father. And that one great love drove everything he did—and did not do.

------------- end excerpt - - - - - - - 

I would not have done certain things my earthly father would disapprove off. Because I had a relationship with him and didn't want to sadden him. I did what I needed to do and I'd listen to his advice. And then I've met mentors and supervisors in life that I listen to too regarding ministry and work. And there's also the free time, what I'd spend time doing. Sometimes I just brows aimlessly on my Facebook wall, read random articles from Pocket or the News, watch endless stings of YouTube videos, scroll Pinterest, read silly 9gag or reddit posts. What am I rally doing with my life? Why have I lost 'control' over it. Why is my time consumed so much by media? Why am I tired and finding it hard to get out of bed. Why is there no drive, no guidance, nothing to follow, just going with the flow. Why does my brain feel so foggy. Where's the clarity. I think it's time to reevaluate my relationship with the one true God again, am I still in love with Him or have I fallen out of love and wandered away

No comments: