Saturday, April 19, 2014

5 songs for Good Friday

Easter day song's in Westly Methodist church, .. eh wait.. Good friday.. not Easter.

How Great Thou Art (UMH 77)
When I survey the Wondrous Cross,
Worthy is the Lamb
At the Cross
The Rugged Cross (UMH504)

gosh the lyrics of these songs.... so gnam for the day.

the more i come to know about Christianity,
the more i see that God is Sovereign,
it is no long er by my works and efforts that Salvation has come.

it was, is and always will be... by grace
i better not forget the 'through faith' part.

i.. nailed my Savior to the Cross on Good Firday
it was my sins.

He asked the Father to forgive me,
saying that i didn't know what i was doing.

when i was deliberately standing in the crowd,
mocking Him, whenever i continue to dwell in sin.. i'm mocking my King.

i was the one shouting "crucify Him!"
and yet in love, He chose the Cross,
so that even as i hang there like a criminal beside Him,
not having much time left on this earth,
having a whole lotta sins and wrong doings in the past,

i can yet have assurance that Paradise awaits those who believe in faith.
faith that grace was all and the only way we could have ever been saved.

and in this grace, God... the challenges to show it to others will come,
grant me remembrance of how you've forgiven me, so i can forgive others.

i know and understand,
i'm undeserving and unworthy

yet it is You who Justifies me,
Sanctifies me,
changes me from the inside out,
that i may be more and more like Christ each passing day.

wash away my iniquities,
with the Precious Blood You shed today,
as you hung on the Cross at Calvary

no matter if i slowly start changing from an Armenian to Calvinist,
yet the Helmet of Salvation shall i always ware,
that no matter who we are or what we do, God is watching over us,
and as long as i come to him, in my disease, He shall heal.

By His stripes i am healed

what God would do all this for His creation,
only a God of love,
and if there was a time for me to doubt God,
i know will know that Love never fails,
His Love

on Good Friday,
Love died for me.

i cant wait for Easter to come,
where Love comes back to life and lives forevermore,

my God's not dead, He's surely alive.

but i really wonder what He did in the time between Good Friday and Easter.
hmmm

No comments: