Wednesday, July 20, 2022

minute 42: textbook

Alright got back my train of thought. Trigfered by the word at that minute.

Textbooks


So... 

Here's the post about it. 

A child doesnt like to be forced to read something that is of no onterest to them. I.e i did badly in Sejarah (history) in highschool. Why? Because i didn't like the subject, or well... The spark was never ignited in me for it (by my educator?)

As an adult.. I love history, (not doing it any justice though)... Not spending my time reading up on it either.

But yeah... 

As long as a child can read words. And can understand, comprehend and formulate the ideas that others have placed into writing... Thats the key skill..

The next is to guide them, but not force them... To read with interest.

See i think the brain only makes good neurons grow and remembers, recalls 'facts' better when our consciousness is attentively interested in a particular topic.

Theres where focus and flow state can be found. (as adults we seek for that state that so naturally comes to kids, mpre on this next time maybe...  Tldr: adults are to preoccupied with other matters, kids dont have a care in the world, especially on household responsibilities)

^ p.s I've put 'facts' in quotation because really.. As a kid everything i read was from 'legitimate' sources, so my brain consumes literally anything without bothering to spend extra energy and effort to filter if it is true or not. It is easily guaged: what doesnt sit well with what i already know in my currently accumulated knowledge database is rubbish and wrong.
What can be grafted onto ths tree of my knowledge is... Good. And expands more or what i know. Maybe certain information at too early a time wont fit anywhere, but will do so later on when there are more branches. However, nowadays with fb and yt short videos... The tonnes of info are just being dumped around without having any anchor to latch onto... Its a mess in my head. 

Ans hence, its not so much the case now whwre right is so easily distinguishable from wrong. I used to be suuuuper absolute in truth, and would be apologetic towards relativism. As im 29 years old now.. Uhh....  I'm more kinder and gentler. 

Not accepting or tolerant, but loving and empathetic. I wanna be like Dr Tan GJ. Wise. 

So anyways.. Yeah. That's that. On textbooks. And my weird random thought that spouted from listening to minute 42.

How we should change education for noy juat children. But people even as they become adults.

(but who would learn accounting then? If no one was ever willing to force themselves to read all those textbooks and sit for CAP exams??... Haha maybe there'll be a portion in our 8 billion population that fill find their place of belonging there)

As confusious said. 'A kingdom prospers when everyone is in place where they belong.' or something like that

No comments: