Sunday, November 07, 2021

Online Silent Retreat testimony

 "Silent retreats aren't easy to come by,

To take time and dwell in a secret place,

Life is full of hustle and bustle nowadays.

seeking God's face can't be done in haste.


Amidst the pandemic and border restrictions,

One would think he has ample amounts of time,

How far away from the truth that's the case,

Especially when I think life is all well and fine.


Despite the challenges we still did it online,

I'm glad Simon and Rinda made this happen,

They helped me to look deeper within life,

And made me realise things that were hidden.


Throughout the sessions and the guided silence,

There was rest, comfort and introspection,

It helped me to be calm and make some sense,

That I'm still under God's loving protection.


Life isn't easy, It's full of weary,

I'm reminded Jesus knows my worry,

So I'll continue to walk this journey,

Giving God the glory for this story."


- 28 yrs, labourer, NZ

No comments: