Saturday, February 17, 2018

Birthday message to dad

19 nov 2015

When I was young, I could remember going up a cable car, the fog was cold but mom brought a dark blue jacket for me to keep warm. There was also a time we went to ice wonderland at the mines. I get to sleep in the master bedroom all the time too, with the super silky brown blanket and fat-fat which would get me through dad's snoring.

Dad would come home to eat lunch sometimes and never missed family dinner ever single night unless he was outstation. Mom would without fail cook 3 wonderful meals a day. My brains were kept healthy with all the fish stocked up in the fridge from all the trips. When we went back to Ipoh we would drive on un-tarred roads, an adventure, but I always trusted dad knew the way. We would set up 'camp' with the boot of the van opened. And 'sau tong' when dusk approached.

Every morning mom would make breakfast, and I would see my brothers dress up in white uniforms going out into the dark. Dad would fetch wai Yan to school first and come back home for me, on his AM799. I love sitting behind and hugging him.

We went to eat lok-lok frequently on Sunday nights after walking to the pasar malam nearby. Never once did I have to pay for my own food when out with you my parents. I miss the laksa and kit chai we had ritually weekly. Not to forget the char Siew pows and lo mai Kai before church.

I followed them to cell group and when I got home dad would carry me up to the room to sleep. Of cause I was woken up abit, but I pretended to sleep to get the free ride. It was nice to be held in your arms.

Following you on field trips was fun! Digging for fossil leafs in Jerantut/Greek? And those long rides behind the Jaguh to far away places. If we could not come, mom would fold red hearts and ask us to write stuff on it to put into his clothes luggage.

It's amazing how you two mange to juggle all 4 children with love and faith. Happy birthday dad! I love you all!! Mom, dad, tai Kor, Yee Kor, jie jie!!!

No comments: