Saturday, February 17, 2018

13 nov 2015

It was inspiring for Datuk Sam to take time and personally address the students from UMS forestry courses. Having such a prominent figure, the director himself give us a speech was motivating and strengthened the resolve to continue studying as to graduate a successful forestry student and contribute back to the sector. I wish that all of my course mates could have been at HoB to be blessed by the knowledge gained and see the relevance in research and work opportunities available with the set of skills forestry studies provides. Taking care of the forest is not just important for long term sustainable economic growth, but also vital for the continuity of healthy communities that depend on the services provided by forest, which is, every single person in the state. The HoB theme of watersheds bring to light a whole new level of managing a forest properly, something that might have dire consequences if overlooked. Because of that, I'm truly grateful for the awareness and wisdom added to my personal philosophy of being a good steward of God's creation. I resolve to do my best, to take care of nature, that in turn takes care of peoples including my loved ones, in a practical way.

No comments: