Thursday, June 09, 2016

choosing fewer things? present in the moment

I realised that i do too many things in life.
and that I should cut down and abandon things to have a more meaningful one.
I still remember a quote my friend Rachel shared with me

"Too everywhere to be somewhere"

and i think that we all should be aware of this.
part of minimalism is that isn't it: to have fewer things so that life will be more... in the present

i notice that my mind keeps running to things that i "should do" in the future.
so much to a point that i can't focus on what i am doing in the present.
it's really frustrating, to a point that i think its becoming stress or depression.

knowing that there are so many things that should be done but are not done.

or well. atleast i'll try to trun it into a positive notification to my brain that i have work to be done.
and once i finish what needs to be done first than i can go on and do other things, to be distracted. and not procrastinate.

i want to be genuinely interested in one thing at a time,
so that i'll really read and absorb whatever it is for the moment,
not just marginally having a fling and the going on to the next factually info after obligatory reading something i put into my Pocket list.

(maybe i should unsubscribe to Pocket weekly suggestions?) nah.. its good Brain Pickings.

like what yew meng said; "Do what you need to do, so that you can do what you want to do"

if i can somehow or another be disciplined enough to finish off all my school work first, than i can really enjoy playing in the park. to be really present in the moment.

No comments: