Wednesday, December 18, 2019

supposed to write a testimony for SBC


The first time I went over to Sandakan was during the semester break of my first year in university in Jan 2015. I was helping out in the Forest Research Centre. Knowing I was a Christian, my supervisor Eyen hooked me up with Herbert and his family. I can remember standing at the bus stop inside Mile 14 and Emily coming to pick me up for church. We found out later from chatting that Herbert knew my brother too! What a small world we Christians have when everyone is part of the big family of Christ. In that short two weeks, somehow knew I was going to return here one day. And sure enough about 2 years later I came back for my internship and stayed another 2 more years in 2017 & 2018. I joined SBC and the Dandelion cell group, which are an amazing bunch of people, I fondly remember how much help, support, joy and laughter they brought. Eyen would give me a lift after work on Friday to the Devan’s where I could spend the weekend (being a baby sitter for Erwin and Elly). And on the days I couldn’t, Joel would drive all the way to pick me up on Sunday mornings! The nights were filled with either Catan board games, movies at the only cinema in Sandakan or supper at Mile 4’s Kim Fung Market. I love eating tang ko mian (Rubber band noodles). Talk about divine connections, there was also the Tawaiyari Mission team and trip where I met Ps Yuyut and later on would come to meet his son studying in UMS, Yuseley. We would occasionally bump into each other here in KK.

No comments: