Monday, August 15, 2016

Autistic love

In the plane taking the flight back. This kid behind me started hitting the chair. And making noises. But it wasn't normal. So I brushed it off for the first few times. Once it didn't stop, I turned around and patted his head.

He was autistic.

The guy sitting beside me was a Murut. He turned around and looked at the kid. Then started asking about him to the parents. 7 years old, he learnt slow. But he could walk and talk basic words. Then the guy beside me told me that his child too was autistic.

But he talked about him just as a father would. Full of love and compassion. He would say how they would go to the park, and he'll be running and climbing around. And when it's time to go home hell just say "Jom", and his child would understand the call. But if hadn't had enough, he would reply "Wawa". (And the father mimicked it with a smile). And he would understand that the kid wanted 5 more minutes.

He only has one child. Whole the family in the plane was of five. They still loved unconditionally.

Lord, meek and humble in heart. Grant me the grace to desire and practice, that part of love that You've placed in all of us.

No comments: